A beautiful day in Kansas

A beautiful day in Kansas
The herd grazing on a sunny day.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sleep over

This past weekend my sister and I went to go hear bible teacher Beth Moore at the Intrust Bank Arena.  I was pretty surprised the event was basically sold out.  The event was a simulcast.  So the event was being aired in 50 states and 19 countries. Kind of a big deal.  I was surprised they were in Wichita, but then I figured out the group was from Texas.  So with a new state of the art arena, and a quick plane trip home, Wichita seems like a very nice venue.
She told a story about living out in the country and discovering how to live with snakes.  I could relate.
We ate at a little restaurant that had sprung up next to the arena.  They served the food on a large slab of wood. We got some type of smoked meat slab.  It was very different from where we would normally eat.  My sister and I both agreed it was a good thing our husbands were not with us, because they would not enjoy a different style of food.
So while we headed off to Wichita for the day my parents agreed to watch our kids.  My brother even got in on the deal.  His kids got to spend the night at Nana and Papas too.
My poor brother in-law had to suffer through his 50th birthday.  He had a few funny cards, but a good day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment