A beautiful day in Kansas

A beautiful day in Kansas
The herd grazing on a sunny day.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Veterans Day

Allie is a 4th grader and this was her last Veterans Day parade at her elementary school.  I think my grandpa has been able to come and enjoy the festivities.  My two nieces still attend the school so he will still be welcomed next year.
The third and fourth grades sang several songs. A few kids got to do solos.  A member of the Pratt Police force who is a veteran was the featured speaker.
One thing that stuck to me during his speech was how Veterans Day was celebrated when he was a child.  He said all of the churches in Pratt would ring
their bells or chimes at the 11 hour of the 11th day of November.
This year I also brought along my aunt to the assembly.  She has recently moved back to Pratt after living in Minnesota for a several years.  Hopefully her first winter back won't be too nasty.    I think she enjoyed the chance to get out and enjoy an event in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment