A beautiful day in Kansas

A beautiful day in Kansas
The herd grazing on a sunny day.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Day with Cats and Cousins

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, you know the jingle.  Well, Weston had only lost one tooth at Christmas but the other came out this last week.  Now there are certain words that are very hard for me to interpret.  However, I did get his winter benchmark tests from school.  Not going to lie, I need to be reading with him more. Coming in the 92nd percentile for his Auditory Vocabulary was no surprise.  He says the funniest things, probably because he is the youngest child.  Last Monday while getting ready to go back to school from Christmas break, he said, “When I get days off, then I just want more days off.” 
Another example of his auditory prowess was when he said, “It says 8+, but don’t worry I can handle it.”    This weekend he stated that he was poor.  So, I asked, “Why do you think you are poor?”  Then he said, “You know why, I spend all my money on Nerf guns.”  I don’t know that he is using ‘big’ words, but he certainly says things that have some meaning, or understanding of life.
Weston started basketball practice for rec league.  He was so excited to be able to play in a group.  After practice, he confessed how nervous he was to go to practice.  He didn’t know his coach and only knows some of the boys on his team.  Another mom told me that not knowing very many boys is good because then they don’t stand around and talk. 
Allie just finished up middle school basketball.  Her last game was at Hesston.  Cousin Julia lives close by and showed up at the game surprising Allie.  My nephew Lane was disappointed that only I was at the game.  He didn’t understand why I hadn’t brought along Weston and Luke. She also got to go to a birthday party this week for a girl in her class.   Next, she starts Scholars Bowl, that will go on for a few weeks this winter.
Addie is in the middle of her basketball season.  This weekend she attended the homecoming dance which she informed me was stupid because nobody really danced.  The girls stood on one side and the boys on the other.  However, I am sure she had fun with her friends.
We took the kids and our nieces Leah and Kaylee to Manhattan to the KSU versus KU girls’ game.  The 4-H extension agents have a ‘4-H Day with the Cats’ where they can purchase a ticket that includes a meal and t-shirt.  I think they all had a good time.  We stopped and ate at Freddy’s in Hutchinson on the way home.  My brother and his family met us at the game so you can imagine the excitement of the event.  Everyone made it back home with only one child throwing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment