A beautiful day in Kansas

A beautiful day in Kansas
The herd grazing on a sunny day.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May birthdays

Have you ever done something by instinct, or just made up your mind to complete a task, and been wrong?  Well that describes our duck right now. Poor Sacha is sitting on about 30 eggs just hoping that they will hatch.  Luke asked me if she was still around because he had not seen her.  I told him that she must be nesting.  I knew where her eggs were and sure enough she was sitting on all those eggs.  The male duck mysteriously disappeared about two months ago, so I am pretty sure none of the eggs will hatch. Poor Sacha.
It's birthday time again.  Addie has a birthday this week.  We celebrated cousin Morgan's birthday on Sunday.  Grandma Hoeme had a birthday on Saturday.  We gave her a lilac scented candle. Morgan got a Frozen Tea set and Elsa doll.
Addie wanted a Minion cake so we made our own marshmallow frosting. The frosting was easy to make, the spreading of the frosting was not too easy.
I refrigerated the fondant over night, but I should have used it right away.  It would have been easier to handle.  I also used my kitchen aid mixer for the kneading part.  Only 2.5 more days of school.  Can the girls make it?

Addie helps cousin Morgan get closer to her birthday candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment