A beautiful day in Kansas

A beautiful day in Kansas
The herd grazing on a sunny day.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Franching: Music programs



This last week Luke and crew preg checked and calf-hood vaccinated a group of cattle.  The day dragged on, but with some freshly baked cookies and several pots of coffee they pushed through and finished. 
With a second child at home I asked my niece how things were going at her house and she surprised me and said it was going much better than she had expected!
Our out of state deer hunters have not had as much success, compared to years past.  I think there are several factors involved.  The warm weather for one, healthy coyotes, and multiple deer hunters seeking venison.  However the only deer I ever killed was in my parents blue Oldsmobile, making me a non-hunting expert.
A chapter closed for Allie this week.  She had her last elementary Christmas music program.  The kids did well.  I often say that 6th grade is the last time some of the boys will sing. 
Weston got to take a ride on the Polar Express.  The kindergarten classes had a big day building up to an afternoon party where they got their ticket punched and the watched the Polar Express movie. 
My kids are certainly ready for a break from school.  They mainly want to know what they are getting for Christmas.  We got the Christmas tree brought in.  We cut down an Eastern Red Cedar from the pasture.

No comments:

Post a Comment