A beautiful day in Kansas

A beautiful day in Kansas
The herd grazing on a sunny day.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Banquet

Most of the staff from the Rural Messenger got to attend the Pheasant’s Forever banquet in Hutchinson this past weekend.  We played games, and my kids drank as many pops as the could and we all had a chance to sit around and catch up on non-office ideas.  Steve and Joyce Gilliland were also able to join us.  I hope they enjoyed their evening.  Nick Hollister of United Country in Newton was the auctioneer for the evening.
The Atrium Hotel and Convention center hosted the event.  I was surprised how big the banquet room was.  Most of the dinner was just so-so.  But I did hear lots of people say how wonderful the brisket was. Everyone also got to enjoy a slice of apple pie.  The meal was good considering how many people they served. 
All of the kids got a Pheasant’s Forever t-shirt and free one-topping pizza from Papa Murphy’s in Hutchinson.
I just hope my boss didn’t have any surprises when he paid his tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment