A beautiful day in Kansas

A beautiful day in Kansas
The herd grazing on a sunny day.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Franching: Sunday Trail

Earlier this week Weston informed me that he had a long Christmas list, and I might not have enough money to buy everything.  I think he might be right!  He will get a little gift this week since his cousins are coming in from Illinois and we will be doing the cousin Christmas exchange.  Nerf guns are at the top of his current list.  I think he and another boy cousin are getting the same thing.  I am always nervous that I am not going to get them something they want.
Addie had a full week.  She had two basketball games and a music concert.  On Saturday she and Weston got to help their dad move cows.  Allie was invited over to a friend’s house and I am sure she stayed up late.
On Sunday we rode horses.  It takes us a while to get all the horses caught and tacked up.  Maybe if the kids would quit asking me for help with different things, I might not be the last one in the saddle.  Goldie has been at our place for around ten years.  In that time, she has never really let me down.  She has a choppy stride, but she is always needs to be in the lead.  Addie and Luke rode Blondie, which is impressive since she basically has not training, she is just incredibly tame, calm and goes with the flow.
The kids only need to get through two days of school this week then the well deserved vacation time will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment