A beautiful day in Kansas

A beautiful day in Kansas
The herd grazing on a sunny day.

Friday, November 17, 2017

First of the last (teeth)

By Tammie Hoeme
The other day I realized that 2 boxes of Mac and cheese would not be enough to fill up my kid’s tummies.  Addie commented – I can eat a box all by myself.  Great, their dad will want to eat something to eat also.   Groceries are SO expensive.  I don’t like going to the store, and especially not with my kids.  Thankfully we do have a freezer full of meat.  We had two extra 4-H pigs that are now a regular part of our breakfast and sometimes supper.
It finally happened, Weston lost his FIRST tooth.   Such a big boy.  This will really change his looks from being a little boy into growing up into more of a big kid.   We go to parent teacher conferences this week.  I cheated and have already seen his grades online.  He seems to be doing well at school, but it might be interesting to hear it from the teacher.  Sometimes he tells me that he needs a day off.
We went to a football game a few weeks ago and sat with the other team. I knew the parents of one of the players from the other team.  Since they live in Western Kansas we don’t get to see them very often.  Weston and I sat down and began visiting with our friends. It did not take him very long to see that we were sitting on the wrong side.  This was very upsetting for him.  But he went and played with his cousins, so he had fun.
Allie has rolled thru 6th grade with few problems at this point.  In fact, her grades make me wonder if 6th grade is too easy.  I know that some things have been a challenge for her but her grades don’t reflect any problems at this point.  A boy was bugging her at a carnival we went to and Weston was ready to take care of the situation.  To be honest the kid is in her class, and one of her buddies.   But it was funny to see him want to protect the sister he enjoys fighting with. 
Addie has gotten through the cross-country season.  She was complaining about her knee right before the final meet, but then she said it wasn’t hurting at the meet.  That is good because her team won the league meet.  That was the first time the girls had won the title.  Ok the boys won too.  It was exciting for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment